Playa del Carmen Travel FAQ
- "Which Airport do we fly into?" - Your arrival airport will be Cancun International Airport which is located about 40 miles north of Playa del Carmen; it will take you about 45 minutes via private shuttle from the Airport to Playa del Carmen. You should find direct flights from almost any major airport in the World.
- "How do I get from the Cancun International Airport to my TeAmoPlaya Vacation Property?" - You have several options here, but our recommendation is to utilize the private van service offered through your TeAmoPlaya Vacation Rentals. The van will accommodate up to 8 adults plus luggage and take you directly from the airport to TeAmoPlaya Hotel where you will check in and be taken by your concierge to your home!
- "Is Playa del Carmen Safe?" - This has become the number 1 asked question! And the answer is an astounding "YES"! Playa del Carmen has the same crime rate approximately as New Hampshire, so chances are that the city where you live has a significantly higher crime rate that we do here in Playa! All of the bad press you are hearing regarding Mexican violence revolves around the drug trade occurring at the U.S. / Mexico border and again the chances are that your hometown is actually closer to this than we are here in Playa del Carmen, over 2,500 miles removed from the border towns!
- "When is the best time to visit?" - This depends on what you are looking for on a vacation. The Winter and Spring months are the most popular because the weather is simply perfect. The downside is that the price of your vacation rental and everything else is significantly more expensive ~ Supply & Demand! On the other hand, if you are looking to save money and come visit during the slower months, come anytime after the Easter holiday. The prices are much lower and the town is much quieter; downside being that it's HOT and HUMID during the summer months. If you want the best of both, I recommend visiting end of April and May, October, November or December before the Holiday season; the weather is cooler and the crowds are much quieter!
- "Why rent a Private Condo or Home when there are so many All-Inclusive Resorts?" - These are two totally different vacations! If you are the type of person that prefers to stay in ONE resort area your entire vacation and you enjoy buffet-style meals and watered down house margaritas, then you should book an All-Inclusive Hotel, although there is really no reason to even travel to Mexico at this point!
If on the other hand, you are the type of person that wants to engage and experience what this magical city has to offer then you are the type of person that should rent a private condo or home. Playa del Carmen is one of the most incredible destinations in the entire World so please make the effort to enjoy and appreciate everything that Playa has to offer!
- "Why rent through TeAmoPlaya Vacation Rentals?" - We know there are other choices for Vacation Rentals in Playa del Carmen, but despite what they promise and what they offer, we offer a variety of properties and more personalized service. Speak to our staff and view the service options available and you too will agree that TeAmoPlaya Vacation Rentals is not only the best choice but the only choice if you are looking to have the greatest vacation experience in Playa del Carmen!
- "What is there to do in Playa del Carmen, any suggestions?" - You can fill your entire day, every day, with activities...it just depends on what you are looking to do and what you deem as "vacation".